Friends of Zilker supporting a $750m Austin Safe Mobility 2020 Bond

HI All - i’d like to propose a vote on the following topic. If I get a second, I’ll work to get it up for a vote :slight_smile:

Dear Friends of Zilker,
Safe Mobility Bond 2020 - Coalition letter(1).pdf (67.4 KB)
I hope this finds you and the neighborhood well during these challenging times.

I’m writing to ask if the Friends of Zilker would consider joining a diverse local coalition in signing a letter (see attached) to request that the Austin City Council place a $750 million Safe Mobility Bond on this November’s ballot (see our petition). A Safe Mobility Bond would fund sidewalks, bike lanes, and other safety improvements to make streets safer for people walking, bicycling, and using a mobility device like a wheelchair - and for driving too. This would represent the largest single amount of funding for safe streets in Austin’s history.

Let me know if the Friends of Zilker would consider joining us by our July 15 deadline. Your support would make a significant difference and would be greatly appreciated. I’m happy to answer any questions, should you have any.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Adam Greenfield
Board President, Walk Austin

3 Likes

Ill give a second
-Rob

I think this has been open long enough @jimmy if you want to put it to a vote you are more than welcome.