Runoff Elections - Early Voting Dec 3rd - Dec 11th

From the Zilker listserv:

Hi neighbors. A reminder that early voting starts today in the runoffs from the November 3rd election. Election day is on December 15th.

There are two run-off races for the AISD school board that Zilker residents will be voting on.

As a longtime public education supporter, former PTA president, and mother of two kids currently in AISD, I am supporting Noelita Lugo and Lynn Boswell in the runoff. Both earned the endorsements of the Austin Chronicle and Education Austin, among many other prominent groups, and would bring strong, progressive voices to the school board.

Lynn Boswell is running for the District 5 seat that represents our neighborhood. Lynn is by far the best qualified candidate for this position. Lynn is the past president of the Austin Council of PTAs and deeply familiar with the inner-workings of AISD. She also has an impressive history of activism through her work with the city’s Juvenile Justice Workgroup and Just Fund it TX, which advocates for increased school funding statewide. In recognition of her work, Lynn won the national PTA award for diversity and inclusion in 2020. I have gotten to serve with Lynn on various PTA projects over the years and am thrilled to see her running for this important seat to represent our neighborhood!

https://www.lynnforaisd.com

Noelita Lugo is running for the Position 8 At-Large seat. Noelita is clearly the most qualified, progressive candidate in the runoff for this seat — a smart, principled parent who’s committed to positive change and able to work well with others. Coming from a working-class immigrant background, she was the first in her family to graduate from college. With a master’s degree in social work and a 20-year career in public policy, she has the experience, maturity, skills, and vision to be most effective in this at-large seat. https://noelitaforaisd.com

I hope you’ll join me in voting for these strong responsive leaders, even if you don’t have kids in AISD schools. More than 75,000 kids are enrolled in AISD schools—their education impacts the collective well-being of our region for decades to come.

Remember: Early voting is going on NOW! And Election Day is on Tuesday, December 15th.
Thanks for voting!

Heather Way
Wright Street
512-632-1695

Thanks for posting this.

Karen