Help us bring back the Irie Bean Coffee Bar by signing our petition!

Howdy, I’m helping spread a petition to re-open Irie Bean Coffee. A team is trying to reopen it and needs our support. I’d appreciate it if you could circulate this petition with your network. Thanks - Support Your Local Coffee!

1 Like

Hi Lilian

Is there more info of why it did not work out first time? You mentioned leasing agency- is this the landlord too or just a broker? What is the issue there? Are you trying to set it up as a NPO of some sort or just re-boot an old business?

I remember briefly the younger dad that used to “own” it back in the day- thought he was just tired of operating it?

Just want to know more about the push and the obstacles you are facing to see where best we can help.

Dr. Nicholas Vaughan

My understanding is they got behind on their rent during the pandemic, had to cut hours, and ultimately were locked out by the landlord.

From the social media posting I saw, a new potential ownership group with ideas on how to make it more of a Zilker-based community hangout space wants to reopen the coffee shop, but they have to convince the landlord it can be a profitable venture first. The “petition” is a way to show community support for the idea.

My family is pro-Irie Bean (it was our favorite coffee shop!), so we were more than happy to sign the petition to show our support.

| razortiger
January 29 |

• | - |

Hi Lilian

Is there more info of why it did not work out first time? You mentioned leasing agency- is this the landlord too or just a broker? What is the issue there? Are you trying to set it up as a NPO of some sort or just re-boot an old business?

I remember briefly the younger dad that used to “own” it back in the day- thought he was just tired of operating it?

Just want to know more about the push and the obstacles you are facing to see where best we can help.

Dr. Nicholas Vaughan

Nice

Thanks for the info Brandon- more than happy to sign a petition. Those two landlords (battery plus land and the ESK land) are tough… they have mini battles all the time and boot each others clients - smh.

Dr. Nicholas Vaughan