Traffic Light at Collier & S Lamar - Corridor Plan

Just FYI - I e-mailed in about the lack of a traffic light in the latest South Lamar Corridor Plan and this is the response I got. tldr, looks like we’re getting a light!

J.P. Maxwell,

Thanks for inquiring about the intersection of Collier and South Lamar. As part of the Corridor Construction Program funded by the 2016 Mobility Bond, we are planning to provide a traffic signal with dedicated left turn lanes at Collier along with a southbound protected bike lane.

Although the information online does not directly mention the traffic light on Collier, the recommendation from the South Lamar Corridor plan is included in the adopted Corridor Construction Program.

We will be conducting more public outreach over the next several months as part of the Design Phase of work, and detailed schematics will be available at upcoming public meetings.

If you would like to stay informed about the South Lamar corridor, including upcoming public meetings, you can sign up for updates here.

I hope this information was helpful.

Thanks!
Frances L. Jordan, J.D.

Communications and Public Engagement

Corridor Program Office | City of Austin

Good news! One nitpick: it’s super-pretentious to use J.D. in your sig.

Jeffrey M. Kirk, J.D. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Francis is absurdly nice and helpful to both FoZ and Zilker residents. Don’t be a jerk.