Ghost Pizza on South Lamar

Cross posting with permission from the Yahoo Group:

To my south Austin friends: Early this morning my husband Mark and I ventured out walking on South Lamar. (It was the first time we’d left home since Saturday, and we kept a safe distance from the few passers-by we saw.) We made a great discovery that we want to share with you. A new restaurant is open. (!! imagine–you plan for months to open a new business, and this is what coincides with your timing!! Omigosh, my heart goes out to these folks!) It’s in the space on South Lamar where Kicked Up Grub (before that, aRoma and then something else) used to be–right south of Broken Spoke. This new place is open today for pizza, and they do pick-up (& delivery using GrubHub or any other food delivery service). We used GrubHub to order the pizza, and Mark drove and picked them up. See photos–they were wonderful Italian-style wood-fired-stove pizzas that tasted as yummy as they look. There’s another component that this restaurant will be offering beginning Friday, and I’ll write more about that in a separate post. But for now, please consider this new business, Ghost Pizza, when you get tired of your own cooking. Here’s a link for them: https://www.grubhub.com/…/ghost-pizza-3403-s-lamar-…/1966375

image image image

Casa de Luz is a community center for our neighborhood and it is serving whole plant organic full-spectrum meals to-go. We feel the best defense against disease is diet. There is nothing processed. It has been serving the community for 30 years come this January 2021.

The universe has been asking us to change for so long. Our ways, the way we think, the way we live, the way we eat, the way we treat each other, choosing love over hate and fear, and now it’s at a point where it’s forcing that change on us.

1 Like

Nice!! There is also this site attempting to maintain a complete list of take out options:

We’ve eaten at Casa de Luz with my sister and brother-in-law twice this week already! So glad you are offering take out and there are picnic tables to eat on.

Stay well,

Cynthia & Peach

1 Like

Wayo, you need to add Casa de Luz to the list on Austin Takeout Tracker! Open the link and look at the top of the page.

1 Like

Just in from Charisa and again cross posted with permission - family style meals from Ghost Pizza!

To my south Austin friends: Two days ago we told y’all about a new pizza place that had opened up on South Lamar. (Ghost Pizza–Here’s a link for them: https://www.grubhub.com/…/ghost-pizza-3403-s-lamar-…/1966375)

I also told y’all that this restaurant had another component to it that would be coming soon. Well, that other component opened today, and it’s called “ Nourished by kurant”. It provides chef-created-and-cooked family-style meals, either delivered to your home or available for pickup. I’m including here photos of the order that we just now picked up. We ordered the Pork Tenderloin lunch, and gosh does it look & smell delicious. The menu indicates each meal should serve 4-6 people; so for the $96 pork tenderloin meal, that comes out to about $16-$24 per person/serving. In my view, that’s pretty much on par with what we’d pay at an eat-in restaurant for this full meal. Here’s a link to their website:

Kurant Events | Austin Texas - Complete Catering

For those who’ve missed my earlier post, here’s some of what I said. A new restaurant is open. (!! imagine–you plan for months to open a new business, and this is what coincides with your timing!! Omigosh, my heart goes out to these folks!) It’s in the space on South Lama r where Kicked Up Grub (before that, aRoma and then something else) used to be–right south of Broken Spoke. This new place … does pick-up (& delivery using GrubHub or any other food delivery service) . The pizzas were wonderful Italian-style wood-fired-stove pizzas that tasted as yummy as they look. There’s another component that this restaurant will be offering beginning Friday, and I’ll write more about that in a separate post.

So I hope you’ll please consider this new business, “Ghost Pizza” and/or “Nourished by kurant”, when you get tired of your own cooking . Thanks again.

Charlsa & Mark Bentley, on Ann Arbor

***If not for the dark of night,

there would be no stars. ***
image image image

Just went to look for Ghost Pizza and I think the name is changed now. Here is the new link I found for that establishment on 3403 S. Lamar. I have not tried it yet.
https://phantasma.kitchen/

Correct! There was another ghost pizza so they had to change their name.